Best 5 Food Stops for the Amateur Foodie
Food Tours in Traverse City! When I created the Food Baby Food Tour, I wanted to stroll through my hometown with Traverse City's guests and make sure that their visit and awesome things-to-do list were definitely checked off. So if you are new or a long time resident, here is my Top 5 Food Stops or the amateur foodie that will not have you intimidated stepping through these establishments' doors.
1. Burgers are their game here. For an assortment of burger stop by Bubbas on East Front Street! A bar/eatery with a great Happy Hour too! No need to be intimidated at this burger joint, just step through those doors, roll up the sleevese, and dig in!
2. Pangea's on Front Street went out of their way to add great outdoor seating to embrace those beautiful summer days in Northern Michigan. No intimidation when you walk through their doors. The menu is simple and the pizza's range from your standard choices to options you don't usually see.
3. Firefly on Cass Street has the best fried pickles in TC! Love them. Great view of the Boardman River passing by outside and the simple, yet forward foodie options on the menu plus the great staff have the locals flocking to this restaurant.
4. Sleders on Randolf Street. The oldest continual operating restaurant in the State of Michigan has the locals flocking here. The huge mahogany bar has an assortment of modestly priced alcohol beverages, but it's the bar food mixed with their incredibly delicious Friday night fish fry that has this on your to-do list when in TC! Don't forget to smooche the moose!
5. Attention all amateur foodies, stop by the Greenhouse Cafe on Front Street and get their homemade chicken noodle soup. I have a hard time stopping at one bowl when I stop in. A local hang out with the right mix of smiling staff and delicious bites.